Towards the end of June, Summer has finally arrived in the Netherlands. As I am writing this, there are no less than 30 degrees Celsius in Amsterdam. And it`s 9 PM.
Thinking back to this past month, all I can say is that it`s been a very relaxing one compared to May, for example.
All I did was reading, going out for movies, to the park, having drinks in the city after work, meeting friends. I even resumed cooking – that`s how inspired I feel when the weather gets better!
Here are some highlights of June:
– Having dinner and then breakfast at Café-Restaurant De Plantage and enjoying their beautiful garden which includes, among others, some pink flamingoes;
– Celebrating Kate`s birthday at her home in the Eastern Docklands and having a good time listening to some amazing music played by her DJ boyfriend;
– Feeling overwhelmed by the beauty of Amsterdam over and over again, especially at this time of the year when all flowers are in bloom;
– Spending memorable evenings on the rooftops of Amsterdam, at sunset, seeing a movie or simply having some drinks;
– Reading Romanian fairytales and feeling genuinely happy to meet again – after so many years! – the magic characters of my childhood;
– Attending the IDFA by Night at Pakhuis de Zwijger and deciding that open air movies are my favourite thing to do in Amsterdam this Summer (ok, maybe second to being up on a rooftop terrace!);
– Having a good time indulging into some very tasty food at Pure Markt in Frankendael Park and then discovering the area around it – Watergraafsmeer – about which I`m going to blog soon;
I hope you`ve had a lovely month of June and now let us focus on Summer`s best! 🙂