Is it June already? Cause it definitely doesn`t feel so. I`m still wearing the Autumn-Winter clothes of last year… 🙁
Anyway, I think it is about time to look back at the month of May and see what exactly is to be remembered out of it, besides the incredibly awful weather we had here in Amsterdam.
– Spending May 1st at Boca`s Park with a warm blanket wrapped around my legs, yet with good food & wine and in the nice company of Nico. This, at a time when my Romanian fellows were rushing to the Black Sea to start the beach season 2015;
– Holiday in sunny Romania, where I spent quality time with my family and close friends. I was happy to discover a Bucharest in full bloom, see a play at the National Theatre, attend Art Safari where my sister was one of the exhibitors, have many cups of delicious coffee at Origo and to finally meet Alina of Life in a Bubble!
– Catching-up with Elena of Have Watercolors Will Travel at Schiphol airport, early in the morning and right on her birthday, between the flight that brought her from Houston and the one to take her further on to Barcelona;
– Being very happy when finally seeing Amsterdam turning green and in full bloom and stopping to take lots of photos whenever walking down its beautiful streets;
– Enjoying a lovely after-work evening with Nico at Bo Cinq, the nice bar on the Prinsengracht, and having some of the best wine, cocktails and (Arabic) bites I`ve ever had in a bar in Amsterdam. And the best view!
– Visiting Ioana of Roemenië maar dan anders (Dutch blog about Romania) for the second time at her beautiful, warm and welcoming home in Amsterdam West and, just like on the previous occasion, finding it rather hard to leave;
– Cruising in a boat along Amsterdam`s canals with friends from Rotterdam and enjoying the sun with a cocktail in hand – when the clouds so allowed;
So yes, it is impossible to make a retrospective of the past month without making it sound a bit like a weather forecast, but that`s just the way it is.
I hope you have enjoyed a somewhat sunnier and warmer May!
* * *
Photo credits for Insir-te Margarite (theatre show) image: here